The WMU is designed for use on standard 8" grout-filled concrete masonry units (GFCMU). This top-flange masonry hanger may be offset to the left or right to accommodate end-of-wall or corner placements. The WMU may be sloped up to 45° with no reduction in download or uplift and skewed up to 45° with no reduction in download.
- Uplift loads have been tested and increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed
- When offset or skewed, the hanger no longer provides uplift support
- 12-gauge top flange and stirrup
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; hot-dip galvanized available: specify HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Minimum f'm is 1,500 psi.
- For trusses, end vertical must be minimum double 2x.
- Mid-Wall Installation:
Installed between blocks with two 0.162" x 3 1/2" duplex nails cast into grout with a minimum of one grouted course above and below the top flange and one #5 vertical rebar minimum 24" long in each adjacent cell.
- Top-of-Wall Installation:
Install on top of wall to a grouted beam with Titen® 2 masonry screws.
- Refer to technical bulletin Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped Hangers (T-C-SLOPEJST) for information regarding load reductions on selected hangers which can be used without modification to support joists which have shallow slopes (3/4:12).