WMU GFCMU Top-Flange Hanger
On This Page
Top-Flange Hangers for Engineered Wood
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Top-Flange Hangers for Engineered Wood. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Top-Flange Masonry Hangers, Top-Flange Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber, Top-Flange Hangers for Plated Truss
The WMU is designed for use on standard 8" grout-filled concrete masonry units (GFCMU). This top-flange masonry hanger may be offset to the left or right to accommodate end-of-wall or corner placements. The WMU may be sloped up to 45° with no reduction in download or uplift and skewed up to 45° with no reduction in download.
- Uplift loads have been tested and increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed
- When offset or skewed, the hanger no longer provides uplift support
- 12-gauge top flange and stirrup
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; hot-dip galvanized available: specify HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Minimum f'm is 1,500 psi.
- End vertical must be minimum double 2x.
- Mid-Wall Installation: Installed between blocks with two 0.162" x 3 1/2" duplex nails cast into grout with a minimum of one grouted course above and below the top flange and one #5 vertical rebar minimum 24" long in each adjacent cell.
- Top-of-Wall Installation: For hanger heights exceeding the joist height, the allowable load is 0.50 of the table load. Refer to technical bulletin Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped Hangers (T-C-SLOPEJST) for information regarding load reductions on selected hangers which can be used without modification to support joists which have shallow slopes (3⁄4:12).
- WMU may be sloped upward or downward up to 45°. The allowable download is 0.60 of the table load. There is no reduction for uplift.
- WMU may be skewed up to 45°. The allowable download is 0.60 of the table load. The allowable uplift is 0.25 of the table load.
- WMU may have the top flange offset left or right for placement in corners. The allowable download is 0.50 of the table load. The allowable uplift is 0.40 of the table load.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- See figures for top-of-wall and mid-wall installation.
- Products shall be installed such that Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to exterior environments.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. Titen Turbo screws are Simpson Strong-Tie concrete and masonry screws (hex-head model required). For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance