GLS/HGLS/GLT/HGLT Beam and Glulam Saddle Hangers
See Top-Flange Hanger Load Table for Glulam Beams. See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
GLT and HGLT accommodate typical structural requirements for timber and glulam beams. GLT top flange depth allows installation on minimum 4x ledger (3 1/2" net). Not acceptable for nailer applications. Funnel Flanges® allow easy installation of beams.
GLS and HGLS are heavy glulam saddle hangers.
All welded GL series glulam hangers have a 3 gauge top flange. See load table for stirrup gauge.
Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint. Hot-dip galvanized available; specify HDG.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- All GLTs used with sawn timbers have a 12" L dimension.
- Fasteners are included.
- GLT may be attached to steel headers by 3/16" x 2 1/2" fillet welds at each end of the header angle to obtain the tabulated loads. HGLT may be attached to steel headers by 1/4" x 2 1/2" fillet welds at each end of the header angle to obtain the lesser of the tabulated loads or 12,000 lbs. For uplift loads refer to technical bulletin Top-Flange Hangers Welded to Structural Steel Members (T-WELDUPLFT). For weld information, see General Instructions for the Installer.
- Not for use with SCL or LVL headers. See GLTV, HGLTV.
- Use Simpson Strong-Tie® 1/4" x 2 1/2" SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws when hangers are used with structural composite lumber.
- N54A nails are included with the hangers.
- Loads listed are per stirrup.
See Hanger Options.
- GLS/HGLS—Specify H1, H2, and S dimensions (see illustration in image gallery).
- Some engineered wood sizes are also available.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
GLT/GLTV Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-GLTGLTV-WS06This editable PDF worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order GLT/GLTV hangers.Worksheet
Panelized Roof SystemsT-C-PRS15Learn about the guidelines for designing and installing our connectors to meet the requirements of the 2009 IBC for structures using panelized wood roof systems with concrete or masonry walls.Technical Bulletin
Top-Flange Hanger Reductions For Multiple-Ply HeadersT-C-MPLYHEADR16A one-page flier discussing reduction factors for top-flange hangers installed on multi-ply headers.Technical Bulletin
Top-Flange Hangers Welded to Structural Steel MembersT-C-WELDUPLFT16A one-page technical bulletin describing the welding requirements and restrictions for attaching Simpson Strong-Tie top-flange hangers to structural steel hangers.Technical Bulletin
Show 3 MoreShow Less
Product Information Tables