EGQ High-Capacity Hanger
The EGQ hanger is a high-capacity top-flange connector designed for use with structural composite lumber beams. It utilizes Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for higher capacity and ease of installation. Available in standard SCL widths and made to specified heights. SDS screws are included.
- Top flange — 3 gauge; stirrups — 7 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint. HDG available; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install with 1/4" x 3" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the EGQ. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit.
- Multiple member headers may require additional fasteners at hanger locations. Quantity and location to be determined by Designer. See Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw for additional information and applications.
- See Hanger Options information
- Skewed Seat
- The EGQ can be skewed a maximum of 45°
- The maximum allowable download when skewed is 16,300 lb.
- The maximum allowable uplift when skewed is 5,770 lb.
- Joist must be bevel cut for skewed seat installation
- Sloped Seat
- The EGQ can be sloped up or down a maximum of 45°
- The maximum allowable download when sloped is 15,360 lb.
- The allowable uplift when sloped is 100% of the table load
- Sloped seat installation requires an additional 14 joist screws (supplied with the connector)
- No Sloped and Skewed Combo Available
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Top-Flange Hanger Reductions For Multiple-Ply HeadersT-C-MPLYHEADR16A one-page flier discussing reduction factors for top-flange hangers installed on multi-ply headers.Technical Bulletin
Engineered Wood / SCL Connector Guide (English and Spanish)WC-C-EWPBI13The WC-C-EWPBI13 is a double-sided, color updated bi-lingual (English/Spanish) wall chart featuring product and installation illustrations of top-selling EWP/SCL connectors.
Show 1 MoreShow Less
- Loads are based on 750 psi wood bearing for SCL.
- "H (Min.)" is the minimum H dimension that may be specified.
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. For normal loading such as in cantilever construction use an uplift value of 4,800 lb.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|EGQ||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction