LB Light Bent Hanger
The LB is a top-flange hanger for solid sawn lumber applications. This cost-effective hanger is designed for light-to-medium loads while providing uplift. The LB has been load rated for use with a 2x nailer if required.
- Embossment at the top flange provides increased stiffness
- Available in 2x6, 2x8 and 2x16 solid sawn joist sizes
- Engineered with increased uplift loads for earthquake or high-wind loading
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. May be ordered hot-dip galvanized; specify HDG.
- Use specified fasteners; see General Notes and nailer table notes.
- May be welded to steel headers with weld size to match material thickness. The minimum required weld to the top flanges is a 2" fillet weld to each side of each top-flange tab. Distribute the weld equally on both top flanges. Welding cancels the top and face nailing requirements. Consult the code for special considerations when welding galvanized steel. The area should be well-ventilated (see General Instructions for the Installer, note k, for welding information). Weld-on applications produce the maximum allowable download listed. For uplift loads, refer to technical bulletin Top-Flange Hangers Welded to Structural Steel Members (T-C-WELDUPLFT).
- Ledgers must be evaluated for each application separately. Check TF dimension, nail length and nail location on ledger.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Joist Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||B (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|LB216||2x16||14||1 9/16||15 1/8||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|LB26||2x6||14||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|LB28||2x8||14||1 9/16||7 1/4||1 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Top-Flange Hangers – Solid Sawn Lumber (DF / SP) Tables
- Top-Flange Hangers – Solid Sawn Lumber (SPF / HF) Tables
See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
Various Header Applications
|Joist or Purlin Size||Model No.||Ga.||Dimensions (in.)||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Loads by Header Type and Fastener|
|2x||LB26||14||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/2||(4) 0.162 x 3 1/2||(2) 0.148 x 1 1/2||380||—||—||1,135||705|
|LB28||14||1 9/16||7 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2||(4) 0.162 x 3 1/2||(2) 0.148 x 1 1/2||380||—||—||1,135||710|
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Uplift loads are based on DF/SP lumber. For SPF/HF, use 0.86 x DF/SP uplift load.
- Uplift loads are based on DF/SP. For SPF/HF, use 0.86 x DF/SP Uplift Load for products requiring nails and 0.72 x DF/SP Uplift Load for products requiring screws.
- Where noted for single-ply joist hangers, use (6) 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- Uplift values are for DF/SP nailers only.
- See technical bulletin T-C-NAILUPLFT for SP/HF loads and increased uplift loads with alternative nailing.
- Attachment of nailer to supporting member is by the designer.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance