THAR/THAL Adjustable Skewed Truss Hanger, Right or Left
On This Page
Top-Flange Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Top-Flange Hangers for Solid Sawn Lumber. You can also view product information related to the category: Face-Mount Hangers for Plated Truss
The THAR/THAL is designed to support 4x2 trusses and 4x beams. This versatile U-shaped truss hanger features positive-angle nailing (PAN) to help eliminate splitting of truss bottom chords. The field-adjustable THAR has a 45° skew to the right, while the THAL has a 45° skew to the left.
- Eliminates the need for special orders
- Can be used for top-flange or face-mount installation
- Extra-long straps for height adjustability and top-flange installation convenience
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Straps must be field-formed over the header a minimum of 2 1/2"
- Minimum and maximum nailing configurations available — see load table for nailing requirements
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria. Floor loads may be adjusted for load durations according to the code provided they do not exceed those in the roof column.
- Where the top of the carried member is flush with the top of the carrying member, Heff is equal to the depth of the carried member. Otherwise, Heff shall be measured from the top of the bearing seat to the top of the carrying member.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance