MBHA Concrete and Masonry Top-Flange Hanger
On This Page
The MBHA is a single piece, non-welded connector available for solid sawn, truss and engineered wood products.
- 10 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Seat can be skewed at 45° only. The maximum allowable download is 3,495 lb. and 1,585 lb. uplift for height 7 1/4". For all other models, use the table listed download and uplift of 2,390 lb. Order MBHAR for skew right and MBHAL for skew left.
Product Information Tables
- ATR is all-thread rod, grade A307 or better.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Loads are based on installation using SET-3G™ or SET-XP® adhesive with 6 3/4" minimum embedment required. Refer to the Simpson Strong-Tie® Anchoring, Fastening and Restoration Systems for Concrete and Masonry catalog.
- MBHA hangers with height of 7 1/4" require a 3 1/2" minimum embedment of the face bolt using SET-3G adhesive.
- Alternative anchorage to be designed by others.
- Table allowable loads were determined using the tested ultimate load with a safety factor of three or fastener calculation values.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance