CHC Component Hoist Clip
On This Page
The CHC component hoist clip provides a tested, load-rated solution for the safe lifting and placement of assembled wood components. The CHC is load rated with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for easy installation and removal, and superior shear and withdrawal strength during lifting.
- Attaches easily to wood members using Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (sold separately)
- May be used alone or in pairs for increased load
- Tested in multiple load directions for versatility
- 12 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Fasteners require full penetration into the framing members
- Use one time only
- Lifting devices should be connected to the CHC with a closed-loop attachment of sufficient strength to carry the allowable load
- US Patent 8,720,129
- Allowable loads are based on the lowest ultimate test load of three test specimens, or the average of six specimens, divided by five.
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Allowable loads are based on installation over sheathing on stud walls with double 2x top plates and maximum 5/8" sheathing.
- Fasteners require full penetration into the framing members.
- All lifting devices and spreader bars that are used in conjuction with the CHC shall be of sufficient strength to carry the required load. Spreader bars must also have sufficient rigidity to resist bending of the lifted component.
Code Reports & Compliance