HTC Heavy Truss Clip
On This Page
For alignment control between a roof truss and nonbearing walls; the 2 1/2" slot permits vertical truss chord movement when loads are applied.
- 18 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- The HTC has a 2 1/2" slot to accommodate truss movement
- This connector has high lateral capacity
- The S/HTC is available for steel truss applications
- Products not intended for floor applications due to the frequency of floor joist deflections and potential for squeaks
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Truss or rafter must bear on top plate to achieve the allowable loads under "Without Gap."
- When installed with maximum 1 1/4" space between rafter or truss and top plate, use loads under "With 1 1/4" Gap." Where loads are not required, space is not limited to 1 1/4".
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance