STC/STCT/DTC Roof Truss Clips
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Truss Clips. You can also view product information related to the category: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
For alignment control between a roof truss and nonbearing walls; the 1 1/2" slot permits vertical truss chord movement when loads are applied.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Use STC or DTC depending on required loads. STC, installed with Drywall Stop (DS), helps prevent fasteners tearing through the ceiling sheetrock (see installation illustration).
- Use STCT where truss or rafter is separated from the top plate of the nonbearing wall.
- Install slot nails in the middle of the slot.
- Products not intended for floor applications due to the frequency of floor joist deflections and potential for squeaks.
- View step-by-step installation instructions in the Installer's Pocket Guide (S-C-INSTALL).
Cold-Formed Steel Construction
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
DTC Head-of-Wall Slide-Clip ApplicationT-CF-DTC1SB16Submittal/substitution request for the DTC for the head-of-wall slide-clip application in cold-formed steel construction.Submittal
Submittal/Substitution Request CoverT-CF-CWCSUB16This editable cover sheet allows for the easy completion of submittal/substitution request forms for Simpson Strong-Tie cold-formed steel connectors.Submittal
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Installation Guide for Plated-Truss Connectors (English and Spanish)WC-C-PTBI14WC-C-PTBI14 is an eight-page English/Spanish installation guide for plated-truss connectors.
Show 4 MoreShow Less
- Loads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- Truss or rafter must be bearing on top plate to achieve the allowable loads under "WITHOUT GAP."
- Clips are required on both sides of the truss to achieve F1 loads in both directions (stagger parts to avoid nail interferences).
- Nails: 8d = 0.131" dia. x 2 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|STCT||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|