DSC Drag-Strut Connector
On This Page
The DSC drag-strut connector transfers diaphragm shear forces from a girder truss or beam to shearwalls. The DSC5 has been designed to optimize fastener location. The DSC2 is a smaller, lighter version that installs with fewer fasteners.
- Left-hand and right-hand versions available
- DSC connectors install with 1/4" x 3" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (provided)
- DSC2 — 8 gauge; DSC5 — 3 gauge
- DSC2 — galvanized; DSC5 — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are provided
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw minimum penetration is 2 3/4", minimum end distance is 2 1/2" for DSC2 and 3 3/4" for DSC5, and minimum edge distance is 5/8" for full load values.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the truss designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 126.96.36.199 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).
Code Reports & Compliance