LTA Lateral Truss Anchor
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Truss-to-Wall Connections. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Hurricane Ties for Masonry, Lateral Load Transfer - Masonry, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The LTA2 is an embedded truss anchor for grout-filled CMU and concrete walls that develops high loads with shallow embedment. Designed for 2x4 minimum truss chords, the LTA2 resists uplift and lateral loads parallel and perpendicular to the wall with a minimum heel height requirement.
- Simplified design of the embedded portion allows for easy positioning close to rebar
- Ideal for anchoring trusses running perpendicular or parallel to the wall
- Embedment line stamped on part simplifies installation and helps avoid installation errors
- 18 ga. (43 mil)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Whether in grout-filled CMU or concrete, the LTA2 must be embedded to the depth of the embedment line stamped on the part.
- A minimum of one horizontal #5 rebar is required at top of concrete or in the top course of grout-filled CMU.
- For parallel-to-wall applications, install the LTA2 with flanges facing the center of the wall. Minimum edge distance of 1 1/2" is required.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|LTA2||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafter / Truss||To GFCMU||To Concrete||Uplift4||Lateral (160)||Uplift||Lateral (160)|
|LTA2 Perpendicular-to-Wall Installation||18||—||—||(10) 0.148 x 1 1/2||Embed||Embed||1180||415||875||990||415||735|
|LTA2 Parallel-to-Wall Installation||18||—||—||(10) 0.148 x 1 1/2||Embed||Embed||1180||950||220||990||800||220|
Code Reports & Compliance