HTS Heavy Twist Strap
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Twist Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The HTS provides a tension connection between two members. This economical twist strap resists heavy uplift loads at the rafter or heel of a truss. The HTS has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members.
- Available with the bend reversed
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Versatile with many lengths offered to fit the specific application
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX®; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners, with half into each member being connected, to achieve the listed loads; see General Notes.
- Available with the bend reversed. Specify "-REV" after the model number, such as HTS16-REV.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HTS16||68||14||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS16-REV||68||14||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS20||68||14||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS20-REV||68||14||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS24||68||14||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS24-REV||68||14||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30C||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30C-REV||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30-REV||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Load Values with Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- All models except for HTS16 have additional nail holes.
- All straps except the HTS30 have the twist in the center of the strap.
- Twist straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load.
- May be installed on the inside face of the stud.
- Allowable lateral loads are F1 = 75 lb. and F2 = 125 lb. when the following installation requirements are met. The first seven nail holes on each side of the bend must be filled with 0.148" x 1 1/2" minimum nails. All additional fasteners may be installed in any remaining strap holes.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using either the Unity Equation or the 75% Rule, as described in Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance