HTSQ Twist Strap
The HTSQ twist straps provide a tension connection between two wood members and are designed to resist uplift for decks, boardwalks and beams economically. The HTSQ is quicker, easier and more economical to install when compared to bolted straps. HTSQ provides a strong connection with fewer fasteners than nailed HTS straps when incorporating Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. Strong-Drive SDS screws with a double-barrier coating finish are included with HTSQ straps in a ZMAX® coating. For stainless-steel HTSQ straps, stainless-steel SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are provided.
- Quicker and more consistent installation than bolts
- Better fastener withdrawal resistance than nails
- Corrosion resistance finish options
- 14 gauge
- ZMAX® coating or stainless steel; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- HTSQ in ZMAX® finish sold in kits of 30. When ordering, use HTSQ16ZKT and/or HTSQ20ZKT.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
- Uplift (160) loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- Tabulated loads are for a single connector. Multiple connectors may be used when the fasteners do not interfere.
- Install four fasteners in each member to achieve full loads. HTSQ20 has (2) extra holes per side to allow for installation flexibility
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HTSQ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HTSQ16Z-SDS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HTSQ20Z-SDS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|