MTSM Medium Twist Strap for Masonry
On This Page
Twist Straps for Plated Truss
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Twist Straps for Plated Truss. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps for Masonry, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The MTSM offers moderate-strength truss-to-masonry connections. This twist strap has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members. The MTSM is load rated for installation on both grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) and concrete.
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Can be field bent once to a 45° angle
- 16 gauge (54 mil)
- Galvanized; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Installs with hex-head Titen Turbo™ screws
- Attach to either side of grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal
- Products shall be installed such that Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to the exterior environment
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MTSM16||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTSM20||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Twist straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load.
- Minimum edge distance for Titen Turbo screw is 1 1/2".
- See Titen Turbo screw information.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- Lateral loads apply when the first seven nail holes on the truss/rafter near the bend line are filled. Any other fasteners required can be installed in any open hole.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. Titen Turbo screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® concrete and masonry screws (hex-head model required). For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance