AC/ACE/LPCZ/LCE/RTC Post Caps
The LCE4's universal design provides high capacity while eliminating the need for rights and lefts. For use with 4x or 6x lumber. LPCZ — Adjustable design allows greater connection versatility.
- LCE4 — 20 gauge; AC, ACE, LPC4Z — 18 gauge; LPC6Z — 16 gauge; RTC — 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating and stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install all models in pairs. LPCZ — 2 1/2" beams may be used if 10d x1 1/2" nails are substituted for 10d commons.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE17A guide to recognizing deck deficiencies and building safer, stronger, longer-lasting outdoor deck structures.Product Guide
Build-It-Yourself Instructions: Heavy-Duty Workbench and Heavy-Duty Shelving UnitDIY-RTC2ZKT15How-to-build instructions, and additional materials needed, to build the Heavy-Duty Workbench and Heavy-Duty Shelving Unit using Rigid Tie® RTC2Z connectors.Flier
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
Seismic Retrofit GuideF-SEISRETRGD12RA guide for homeowners to aid in the inspection and potential retrofit of their homes using Simpson Strong-Tie products to improve the chances of surviving a seismic event.Flier
Critical Deck ConnectionsS-DECKCONTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections - CanadaS-DECKCONCTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections (French) / Assemblages essentiels d'une terrasse (en français)S-DECKCONCTP12FFlier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Soft-Story Retrofit GuideF-L-SSRG16A design guide on soft-story retrofits, including soft-story design codes and requirements, retrofit solutions and design tools.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLMCAN17A one-page Canadian Limit States version of the technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber (SCL).Technical Bulletin
Show 14 MoreShow Less
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake with no further increase allowed; reduce where other load durations govern.
- Loads apply only when used in pairs.
- LPCZ lateral load is in the direction parallel to the beam.
- MIN nailing quantity and load values - fill all round holes;
MAX nailing quantities and load values - fill round and triangle holes.
- Uplift loads do not apply to splice conditions.
- Spliced conditions must be detailed by the Designer to transfer tension loads between spliced members by means other than the post cap.
- LCE4 uplift load for mitered corner conditions is 985 lbs. (DF/SP) or 845 lbs. (SPF). Lateral loads do not apply.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for values on the narrow face (edge).
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long. See other nail sizes and information.
- The allowable download for the mitered LCE4 connection is limited to bearing of the mitered section on the post and shall be determined by the Designer.
- Connectors must be installed in pairs to achieve listed loads.
- The allowable download for the mitered RTC44 connection is limited to bearing of the mitered beams on the post and shall be determined by the Designer.
- The allowable download for the main beam in the square cut RTC44 connection is limited to bearing of the beam on the post and shall be determined by the Designer. The side beam allowable download is 1170 lbs.
- The combined uplift loads applied to all beams in the connector must not exceed the total allowable uplift load listed in the table.
|ModelNo.||Nominal Post Size||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Beam Flange||Post Flange||Uplift||Lateral F1|
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|AC||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|AC4||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|AC4RZ||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25910||FL10860|
|AC4Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|AC6||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|AC6RZ||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25910||FL10860|
|AC6Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|ACE||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LCE||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LCE4||ER-102 ER-112||ESR-3096||RR25814 RR25910||FL10446|
|LCE4Z||ER-102 ER-112||ESR-3096||RR25814 RR25910||FL10446|
|LPC||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LPC-21/2||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LPC4||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LPC4Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25910||FL10860|
|LPC6||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LPCZ||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction