RTC Rigid Tie® Corner Connector
On This Page
Two-Piece Post Caps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Two-Piece Post Caps. You can also view product information related to the category: Rigid Tie® Connectors
The RTC is a uniquely designed rigid tie connector that connects two horizontal members at a corner to a vertical wood member. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this corner rigid tie connector features a galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance.
- Compatible with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- RTC44 14 gauge; all others 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using power tools and building equipment
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Corrosion Information
- The WBSK workbench and shelving hardware kit is a fast-easy way to build a workbench and many other DIY-type projects that need a four-corner base
RTC44 is approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- The allowable download for the mitered RTC44 connection is limited to the bearing of the mitered beams on the post and shall be determined by the designer.
- The allowable download for the main beam in the square-cut RTC44 connection is limited to the bearing of the beam on the post and shall be determined by the designer. The side beam allowable download is 1,170 lb.
- The combined uplift loads applied to all the beams must not exceed the post allowable uplift load listed in the table.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance