HTS Heavy Twist Strap
On This Page
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HTS provides a tension connection between two members. This economical twist strap resists heavy uplift loads at the rafter or heel of a truss. The HTS has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members.
- Available with the bend reversed
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Versatile with many lengths offered to fit the specific application
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX®; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners, with half into each member being connected, to achieve the listed loads; see General Notes.
- Available with the bend reversed. Specify "-REV" after the model number, such as HTS16-REV.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HTS16||68||14||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS16-REV||68||14||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS20||68||14||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS20-REV||68||14||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS24||68||14||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS24-REV||68||14||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30C||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30C-REV||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTS30-REV||68||14||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Load Values with Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- All models except for HTS16 have additional nail holes.
- All straps except the HTS30 have the twist in the center of the strap.
- Twist straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load.
- May be installed on the inside face of the stud.
- Allowable lateral loads are F1 = 75 lb. and F2 = 125 lb. when the following installation requirements are met. The first seven nail holes on each side of the bend must be filled with 0.148" x 1 1/2" minimum nails. All additional fasteners may be installed in any remaining strap holes.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using either the Unity Equation or the 75% Rule, as described in Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance