MTS Medium Twist Strap
On This Page
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The MTS provides a tension connection between two members. This economical twist strap resists moderate uplift loads at the rafter or heel of a truss. The MTS has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members.
- Available with the bend reversed
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Versatile with many lengths offered to fit the specific application
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel and ZMAX®; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners, with half into each member being connected, to achieve the listed loads; see General Notes.
- Available with the bend reversed. Specify "-REV" after the model number, such as MTS16-REV.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MTS12||54||16||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS12-REV||54||16||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS16||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS16-REV||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS18||54||16||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS18-REV||54||16||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS20||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS20-REV||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS24C||54||16||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS24C-REV||54||16||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30C||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30C-REV||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30-REV||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Load Values with Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- All models except for MTS12 have additional nail holes.
- All straps except the MTS30 have the twist in the center of the strap.
- Twist straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load.
- May be installed on the inside face of the stud.
- Allowable lateral loads are F1 = 75 lb. and F2 = 125 lb. when the following installation requirements are met. The first seven nail holes on each side of the bend must be filled with 0.148" x 1 1/2" minimum nails. All additional fasteners may be installed in any remaining strap holes.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using either the Unity Equation or the 75% Rule, as described in Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Fasteners (Total)||Allowable TensionLoads (DF/SP)||Allowable TensionLoads (SPF/HF)|
Code Reports & Compliance