RSP Reversible Stud-Plate Tie
On This Page
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the category: Stud Plate Ties
The RSP is designed to create a continuous load path to resist uplift. This versatile stud-plate tie is reversible and is able to connect a wood stud to either a double top plate or a sill plate of a wood-framed wall. The RSP features locating tabs that aid in attaching the tie to the plates to ensure proper placement during installation.
- Features embossments that strengthen the stud-plate connection
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- 20 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RSP4||20||2 1/8||4 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
|Model No.||Dimensions (in.)||Stud||Plate Width||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Uplift Loads|
|Side5 (160)||Center6 (160)||Side5 (160)||Center6 (160)|
|RSP4 (1)||2 1/8||4 1/2||2x||—||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||245||245||285||285|
|RSP4 (2)||2 1/8||4 1/2||2x||—||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||390||390||370||370|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- See Installation details (1) and (2) for reference.
- F2 is 225 lb. for Installation 1 and 245 lb for Installation 2. F1 load is 165 lb. for both installations.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Use Side (eccentric) load when uplift loads are applied to only one face of the top plate.
- Use Center (concentric) loads when uplift loads are applied at the centerline of the top plate, or where equal loads are applied to both sides of the top plate. Center loads should also be used for stud-to-bottom plate loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Fasteners||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafters/ Truss||To Plates/Base||To Studs/Post||Uplift||Lateral||Uplift||Lateral|
|(160)||F1 (160)||F2 (160)||(160)||F1 (160)||F2 (160)|
Code Reports & Compliance