SET-XP® High-Strength Epoxy Adhesive
On This Page
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the category: Epoxy Anchoring Adhesives
SET-XP is an epoxy-based high-strength anchoring adhesive. SET-XP is a 1:1 ratio, two-component anchoring adhesive for anchoring and doweling into concrete (cracked and uncracked) and masonry (uncracked) applications.
- Design flexibility — permitted for sustained load performance at elevated temperature.
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for dry and damp conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C).
- Recognized per AC308 to be used for rebar development and splice length design provisions of ACI 318.
- Approved for installation with vacuum-drill bit system without further hole cleaning. See Code Report (ESR-2508) for approved system.
- Easy hole-cleaning — no power-brushing required.
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials.
|Mix Ratio/Type||1:1 epoxy|
|Base Materials||Concrete — cracked and uncracked |
Masonry — uncracked
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||50°F (4°C) to 110°F (38°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 150°F (65°C)|
|Storage Temperature||45°F (7°C) and 90°F (32°C)|
|Shelf Life||24 months|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||3 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|SET-XP10||8.5 oz. single cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||12||CDT10S dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP22-N||22-oz. side-by-side cartridgeIncludes (1) EMN22i mixing nozzle and (1) extension||1||10||EDT22S, EDTA22P, EDTA22CKT dispensing tools / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
|SET-XP56||56 oz. side-by-side cartridge (nozzle not included)||1||6||EDTA56P dispensing tool / EMN22i mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchoring and rebar doweling into concrete and masonry
- Recognized per AC308 to be used for rebar development and splice length design provisions of ACI 318
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Multiple DOT listings
- Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean.
- Base material temperature must be 50°F (10°C) or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be between 70°F (21°C) and 80°F (27°C) at time of application.
- To warm cold material, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water or use microwave to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 30 minutes at temperatures of 70°F (21°C) and above.
- Use only appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzle in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair SET-XP adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
- SET-XP has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308, AC58, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Base Material |
|Base Material |
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
|1. For water-saturated concrete, the cure times must be doubled.|
SET-XP Typical Properties
|Property||Class C||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||2,900 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||3,200 psi|
|Fresh to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure2||2,000 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||14,100 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||612,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||136°F (58°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure2||126°F (52°C)||ASTM E1356|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure2||500°F (260°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure2||0.10%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure2||84||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure2||0.002 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion2||2.4 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high-solids, epoxy-based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a static mixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. The adhesive anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES AC308. Adhesive shall be SET-XP adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for SET-XP epoxy adhesive.
Design Information and Load Tables
- Anchoring Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Chemical Resistance of Adhesive Anchors
- Adhesive Cartridge Estimator
- Anchor Designer™ Software
- Development Length Rebar Calculator
- Strong-Rod™ Uplift Restraint System — Anchorage Adhesives
- OSHA Silica Dust Exposure Provisions
- Adhesive Anchor Installation Training
Code Reports & Compliance