SP1/SP2 Stud-Plate Ties
On This Page
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the category: Stud Plate Ties
The SP1 and SP2 are designed as stud-to-plate connections to resist uplift. The SP1 is designed for sill-to-stud connections while the SP2 is for the double-top-plate-to-stud connection. These stud plate ties feature angled holes for a positive connection from the stud to the plates.
- Features embossments that strengthen the stud-to-plate connection
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- Can be used before or after installation including in retrofit applications
- 20 gauge
- Galvanized. Available with ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- One of the 0.148" x 3" stud nails is driven at a 45° angle through the stud into the plate
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
|Model No.||Dimensions (in.)||Stud||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Uplift Loads|
|Side4 (160)||Center5 (160)||Side4 (160)||Center5 (160)|
|SP1||3 1/2||5 1/16||2x||(6) 0.148 x 3||(4) 0.148 x 3||555||555||535||535|
|SP2||3 1/2||6 5/8||2x||(6) 0.148 x 3||(6) 0.148 x 3||1,010||1,010||605||605|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- SP1/SP2 — drive one stud nail at an angle through the stud into the plate to achieve the table load (see illustration).
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Use Side (eccentric) load when uplift loads are applied to only one face of the top plate.
- Use Center (concentric) loads when uplift loads are applied at the centerline of the top plate, or where equal loads are applied to both sides of the top plate. Center loads should also be used for stud-to-bottom plate loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance