SSP Single-Stud-Plate Connector
Strong-Rod® URS Components
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Rod® URS Components. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Stud Plate Ties, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The SSP is a prebent strap designed to connect single studs to either top or bottom plates. This versatile single-stud-plate connector helps to create a continuous load path in uplift resistance. The SSP features a top flange that allows the plate to attach securely to both sill plates and top plates.
- Embossments feature provides strength at the bend
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Top track installation — fill all round and triangle holes
- US Patent 7,065,932
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SSP||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SSPZ||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance