RCWB Rolled Compression Wall Bracing
The RCWB is designed to resist racking during construction and provide long-term strength for structural walls. The RCWB features a rolled edge for extra strength, safety and resistance to in-plane forces, creating an overall stronger structure. While not designed to replace structural panel shearwall load-carrying components, the RCWB is a cost-effective option that fulfills the same code-bracing requirements as a 1x4 let-in brace with a faster install process.
- Prevents cosmetic damage, performance problems and structural failure over time
- Helps resist lateral loads resulting from wind and earthquake forces
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use with 16" o.c. studs.
- Use minimum of 2x6 studs with RCWB (2x4 min. for interior, non-load-bearing wall).
- Establish a run-line using the bracing as a straight edge. Single-cut a saw kerf 1 1/8" deep along the run line. If the wall is preframed on the floor, place the part into the saw kerf, and put one nail into the top plate. Tilt the wall up and plumb before nailing off the top plate, bottom plate and studs according to the nailing schedule.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RCWB12||20||11'–4"||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|RCWB14||20||14'–2"||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Product Information Tables
Wall Bracing and Fastener Information Table
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance