TWB T-Shaped Wall Bracing
The TWB is designed to resist racking during construction. This T-shaped wall bracing features two rolled edges for extra strength and safety. The TWB is not designed to replace structural panel shearwall load-carrying components.
- Prevents cosmetic damage, performance problems and structural failure
- Rolled edges for extra support
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use with 16" o.c. studs.
- Use minimum of 2x4 studs.
- Establish a run-line using the bracing as a straight edge. Single-cut a saw kerf 5/8" deep along the run line. If the wall is preframed on the floor, place the part into the saw kerf, and put one nail into the top plate. Tilt the wall up and plumb before nailing off the top plate, bottom plate and studs according to the nailing schedule.
- Wall bracing straps are limited to interior-dry use only.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
Product Information Tables
Wall Bracing and Fastener Information Table
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance