WBC Coiled Wall Bracing
On This Page
The WBC is designed to resist racking during construction and provide long-term strength for structural walls. The WBC comes coiled in a dispenser pack and provides resistance to in-plane forces, creating an overall stronger structure. While not designed to replace structural panel shearwall load-carrying components, it is a cost-effective option that fulfills the same code bracing requirements as a 1x4 let-in brace with a faster install process.
- Coiled in a multiple-product dispenser pack
- Prevents cosmetic damage, performance problems and structural failure over time
- Helps resist lateral loads resulting from wind and earthquake forces
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Reference WB for pre-cut straps
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Install in “X” pairs or in opposing “V” fashion
- Use with 16" or 24" o.c. 2x4 (min.) studs
Wood Construction Connectors 2021-2023
A catalog including new product information as well as any applicable specification and installation instructions for wood-to-wood and wood-to-concrete structural connectors.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|WB106C||16||9'–6"||Zinc Galvanized, G90||15 pc/roll|
|WB126C||16||11'–4 3/4"||Zinc Galvanized, G90||12 pc/roll|
|WB143C||16||14'–3"||Zinc Galvanized, G90||10 pc/roll|
Product Information Tables
Wall Bracing and Fastener Information Table
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance