Strong-Wall® High-Strength Wood Shearwall Portal Frame Connection Kit
On This Page
The WSWH-PK high-strength wood shearwall portal frame connection kit is replacing the WSW portal frame connection kit. WSWH accessories are compatible only with WSWH panels; use WSW accessories with WSW panels.
The WSWH-PK Strong-Wall® wood shearwall portal frame connection kit works with Strong-Wall high-strength wood shearwalls (WSWH) to achieve increased load values for portal frame systems. While this connection kit comes standard with panels that are 100" or less in height, the kit is also available separately for projects that require walls that exceed 100" to be used as part of a portal frame system. The portal frame connection kit is required to achieve increased load values listed for the portal frame system.
- May be used in single- or double-portal applications and installed with a minimum 3" x 11 1/4" single- or multi-ply header depending upon loading and span requirements
- Simplifies installation to provide superior performance
- Straps designed specifically for Strong-Wall® high-strength wood shearwalls in portal applications
- 4 WSWH-PS straps
- 10 gauge
- G90 galvanized
- Maintain 1/2" distance from edge of panel and end of header
- Install with twenty 0.148" x 2 1/2" (min.) nails — ten in header and ten in panel
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Product Includes||Packaging Qty.|
|WSWH-PK||10||(4) WSWH-PS straps||1|
Code Reports & Compliance