Yield-Link® Cover Plate
On This Page
At Simpson Strong-Tie, we've built a heritage of steel connection innovation. Through our tireless commitment to technological advancement, research and rigorous testing, our engineers have acquired an unparalleled body of expertise, with more patents and code-listed products than anyone else in the business. The Yield-Link cover plate is fabricated using light-gauge steel and is used for detailing the concrete deck near the Yield-Link moment connection.
- The Yield-Link cover plate serves to separate the composite concrete deck from the Yield-Link moment connection
- In a post-earthquake scenario, the cover plate can be opened by prying the end of cover plate near the column flange to replace the Yield-Link
- 18 gauge — YL4-X, YL6-X; 16 gauge for YL8-X
- Galvanized/ZMAX® coating
- The Yield-Link cover plate is installed on top of the Yield-Link such that the stick out tab end is away from the column face.
- The bearing surface for the Yield-Link cover plate is provided by the top of the buckling restraint plate and the top-of-beam flange.
- The stick out tab is connected to top-of-beam flange using tack welds.
- The compressible foam material is placed between the column flange and the start of Yield-Link cover plate to provide ease of rotation for the connection.
Code Reports & Compliance