ECCLQ/CCCQ/CCTQ Column Caps
The ECCLQ, CCCQ and CCTQ column caps provide high-capacity, multiple beamto- column connector options. The design uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws (SDS) to provide faster installation and a lower profile compared to standard through bolts. Screws are configured to provide high uplift design values.
Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint, also available in HDG
- Install Simpson Strong-Tie SDS 1/4"x2 1/2" wood screws, which are provided, in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- No additional welding is allowed.
- Many combinations of beam and post sizes can be manufactured (refer to worksheet Options for Multiple-Beam Column Caps, T-C-CCQLTC-WS).
- Available in widths up to 8" wide.
- ECCLQ is available in left or right side beam orientations. Specify ECCLLQ or ECCLRQ.
- Straps may be rotated where W1 > W2.
- Column caps may be ordered without the column straps for field welding to a column. No loads apply. Specify CCCOQ/CCTOQ/ECCLOQ.
- The L dimension varies depending on the width of the side stirrup (W3 or W4). Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for exact dimensions.
- Main beam stirrup height (H1) is 7". Side beam stirrups (H2 or H3) can vary in height with the minimum height of 7". Specify the side stirrup height from the top of the cap.
- Example Order: 4x Main Beam, 6x Post, 4x Side Beam (oriented to the left) is ordered as an ECCLLQ464SDS
Ordering Multiple-Beam Column Caps:
Ordering bolted column caps incorporates several key steps important to ensure the highest-capacity solution for your project. Here are some common steps to begin that process. For more information, refer to worksheet Options for Multiple-Beam, Bolted Column Caps (T-C-CCLTC-WS) and Options for Multiple-Beam Column Caps (T-C-CCQLTC) for Quick Install connections. See page 2 of worksheets for model numbers of common post and beam width combinations.
- Choose Column Cap Style. Look at the configuration of the column caps to determine which style you require. If you don’t know which style column cap is required, refer to your plans to determine the correct configuration.
- Determine Column Cap Dimensions. Fill in the dimensions of the column cap on the worksheet. If you don’t know the dimensions of the column cap, go directly to the “Post and Beam Dimensions” section.
- Provide Beam and Post Dimensions. The “Post and Beam Dimensions” section of this worksheet is required. Fill in all applicable dimensions in actual inches, not as nominal dimensions.
- Determine Beam Orientation. Refer to your plans or check the configuration of the column cap you selected in order to determine the orientation of the beam. Check the box for the beam orientation that best describes your beam configuration: Beam B flush at bottom of Beam A; Beam B flush at both the top and bottom of Beam A; or Beam B flush at top of Beam A.
- Check the box for the required style and strap orientation.
- Select Finish. Standard finish is Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint, available in HDG (specify HDG).
- Place Order. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for ordering information.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Options for Multiple-Beam Column Caps Special Order WorksheetT-C-CCQLTC-WS13This editable-PDF worksheet simplifies the detailing of special order, multi-beam column caps that install with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws.Worksheet
Options for Multiple-Beam, Bolted Column Caps Special Order WorksheetT-C-CCLTC-WS13This editable-PDF worksheet simplifies the detailing of special order, multi-beam, bolted column caps.Worksheet
Show 2 MoreShow Less
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or seismic; reduce where other loads govern. Downloads may not be increased.
- Allowable load is per seat. Side beams must be loaded symetrically for the CCCQ.
- The combined uplift loads applied to all beams in the connector must not exceed the total allowable uplift load listed in the table.
- The ECCLQ side beam may use a side beam uplift load up to 2350 lbs. The deflection of this load may exceed the standard 1/8" deflection by an additional 1/8".
- The combined download for all of the carried beams shall not exceed the allowable download for the unmodified product (CCQ load for CCCQ and CCTQ, or ECCQ load for ECCLQ). The download for each side beam shall not exceed the lesser of 35% of the allowable download or 9265 lbs. for the unmodified product.
- The download to each side beam shall not exceed the allowable load shown, nor 35% of the allowable load for the unmodified product, whichever is lower.
- Column width in the direction of the beam width must be the same as the main beam width (W1).
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|