FGTR/LGT/VGT Retrofit Girder Tiedowns
The LGT, VGT and FGTR products are moderate to high load capacity girder tie-downs for new or retrofit applications.
LGT connectors provide a low profile connection to the wall for easy installation of drywall. Simple to install and can be installed on the inside or outside of the wall.
The Variable Girder Tiedown (VGT) is a higher capacity alternative to the LGT and MGT for girder trusses. It attaches with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to the side of truss and features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top chord pitches up to 8/12. The VGT is also available with one flange concealed for attachment to trusses with no tail.
The Face Mount Girder Tie-Down (FGTR) is a non-pitch-specific girder tiedown that offers the highest uplift capacity for retrofit applications. The FGTRHL/R is designed for corner hip applications.
VGT—7 gauge; LGT2—14 gauge; LGT3/LGT4—12 gauge; FGTR—Straps: 7 gauge, Plate: 3 gauge
VGT, LGT—Galvanized; FGTR—Powder Coated
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Connectors attached using Titen® screws shall have hex heads.
- To achieve the loads listed in the table below, the product shall be attached to a grouted and reinforced block wall or a reinforced concrete wall designed by others to transfer the high concentrated uplift loads to the foundation.
- Strong-Drive SDS screws included with LGT3, LGT4, VGT Series and FGTR Series.
- Screw holes are configured to allow for double installation on a two-ply (minimum) truss.
- The product can be installed in a single application or in pairs to achieve a higher uplift capacity.
- Can be installed on roof pitches up to 8/12 or on a bottom chord designed to transfer the loads.
- FGTR —Only 2 of the 4 holes provided on each strap are required to be filled to achieve the catalog loads. The first Titen HD® anchor 1/2"x5" (THD) shall be installed a minimum of 4" from the top of the wall. Fasteners shall not be installed in adjacent holes.
- VGT—When installed on trusses with no overhangs, specify VGTR/L.
- VGT—Install washer component (provided) so that top of washer is horizontal as well as parallel with top of wall.
LGT3 is available with reduced widths of W = 4 13/16" – order as LGT3N-SDS2.5.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Companion for the 2001 AF&PA Wood-Frame Construction Manual for Wind DesignT-01WFCM08The T-01WFCM08 is a 24-page technical bulletin designed to be used in conjunction with the 2001 edition of the Wood Frame Construction Manual.Technical Bulletin
Hurricane Ties Used For Truss Bearing EnhancementT-C-HTIEBEAR16A guide providing allowable downloads of our hurricane ties when used from truss-bearing enhancement. It includes allowable loads for connectors and for the connectors and wood combined.Technical Bulletin
Uplift Connectors Truss-to-Wall Tiedowns (Spruce-Pine-Fir)T-C-UPLIFTSPF16A one-page, double-sided technical bulletin providing allowable loads and fastening requirements for when a wood truss is supported by a Spruce-Pine-Fir or Hem Fir double top plate.Technical Bulletin
Show 5 MoreShow Less
- Allowable loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- To achieve the loads listed for the VGT single and double connector options, anchorage into a 8" wide concrete tie-beam or grouted and reinforced CMU tie-beam can be made using Simpson Strong-Tie® SET Epoxy-Tie® adhesive with a minimum embedment depth of 12", a minimum end distance of 12" and centered in the 8" member. Vertical reinforcement may be required to transfer the loads per Designer
- Minimum concrete strength f'c shall be 2500 psi. CMU shall have a minimum grout strength of 2500 psi with standard ASTM C90 units and type N or S mortar.
- FGTR—Minimum edge distance for Titen HD anchor is 4".
- FGTR—Titen HD anchors should be spaced in every other hole on the part.
- FGTR—The Titen HD anchors and Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws screws are provided with the part.
- LGT2—F1 load = 700, F2 load = 170.
- See Titen® screw information.
- Table allowable loads were determined using tested lowest ultimate/3 or fastener calculation values.
- Products shall be installed such that the Titen screws and Titen HD anchors are not exposed to the weather.
- For concrete wall applications use 1/4x1 3/4 Titen screws.
- Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are permitted to be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the Truss Designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2007 Sections 22.214.171.124 and 8.9.2 are met (pre-drilling required through the plate using a maximum of 5/32" bit).
- NAILS: 16d Sinker = 0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|LGT||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|LGT4-SDS2.5||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|VGTL||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|VGTR||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|