Code Listed SET-3G High-Strength Anchoring Adhesive
SET-3G is the latest innovation in epoxy anchoring adhesives with high design strength and proven performance. SET-3G is a 1:1 ratio, two-component, anchoring adhesive for concrete (cracked and uncracked). SET-3G installs and performs in a variety of environmental conditions and temperature extremes.
- Exceptional performance — superior bond strengths permit ductile solutions in high seismic areas
- Design flexibility — improved sustained load performance at elevated temperature
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for all base material conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 176°F (80°C)
- Recognized per ICC ES AC308 for post-installed rebar development and splice length design provisions
- Approved for installation with multiple vacuum-drill bit systems without further hole cleaning. See Code Report (ESR-4057) and Engineering Letter for approved systems.
OSHA Silica Dust Compliance Regulations
SET-3G is approved for use with multiple vacuum-drill bit systems. This cleaning system cuts out the dusty, time-consuming “blow-brush-blow” hole-cleaning process. Automating dust removal also reduces the reliance on the installer to perform the cleaning process, thereby increasing the likelihood that anchors will be installed correctly.
Learn more about OSHA Silica Dust Exposure Provisions.
Adhesive Piston Plug Delivery System
For consistent dispensing of anchoring adhesives in any installation orientation, the Simpson Strong-Tie® Adhesive Piston Plug Delivery System offers you an easy-to-use, more reliable and less time-consuming means to dispense adhesive into drilled holes for threaded rod and rebar dowel installations at overhead, upwardly inclined and horizontal orientations.
The matched tolerance design between the piston plug and drilled hole virtually eliminates the formation of voids and air pockets during adhesive dispensing.
SET-3G High-Strength Epoxy Adhesive Approved For Submerged Concrete Hole Installation
Water-filled holes? Water-soaked concrete? Underwater anchoring? No problem. SET-3G high-strength epoxy adhesive is the versatile adhesive you need for ease of installation in the best and worst environmental conditions. SET-3G adhesive is approved for saturated concrete and water-filled holes, and now for submerged (underwater) hole installations.
SET-3G™ Adhesive Offers a Ductile Solution for Post-Installed Anchorage Near a Concrete Edge
Designing post-installed anchorage near a concrete edge is challenging, especially since the ACI provisions for cracked-concrete anchorage went into effect. In the following post, one of our field engineers, Jason Oakley, P.E., explains how SET-3G and Anchor Designer software from Simpson Strong-Tie make it easier to design a ductile anchor solution.
Get more information about SET-3G High-Strength Anchoring Adhesive.