Face Mount Hangers Load Table for I-Joists
- Uplift loads based on DF/SP lumber and have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern. For SPF/HF use 0.86 x DF/SP uplift load.
- MIN nailing quantity and load values - fill all round holes;
MAX nailing quantity and load values - fill all round and triangle holes.
- Hangers sorted in order of recommended selection for best overall performance and installation value.
- Web stiffeners are required where noted in the table or when either the joist top flange isn't supported laterally by the hanger or when supporting double I-joists with flanges less than 1 5/16" thick.
- Allowable downloads are based on a joist bearing capacity of 750 psi.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
See other nail sizes and information.