These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- N54A fasteners are supplied with hangers. For GLS and HGLS saddle hangers only, Simpson Strong-Tie® 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (sold separately) may be substituted using full table loads.
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- GLT, HGLT, GLS, HGLS uplift loads only apply when "H" is 28" or less.
- Allowable loads for glulam sizes are based on 650 psi wood bearing.
- "Min H" is the minimum H dimension that may be specified. For GLT, HGLT, GLS, HGLS hanger heights that exceed the joist height, allowable load is 0.50 of the table load.
- Allowable loads are shown for each stirrup.
- GLS, HGLS fasteners listed are for one side only. Fasteners supplied are for both sides of the saddle.
- SPEC: Specify the header dimensions for the saddle hangers. (See "S" dimension illustration.)
- Nails: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, N54A = 0.250" dia. x 2 1/2" long — annular ring.
See other nail sizes and information.